Friday, November 26, 2004

I´m Here!!!

I´m here!!! I landed in Buenos Aires after an amazingly smooth flight. I then headed up to Rosario, a beautiful city about 4 hours north of the capital with my friends Fernanda Gonzalez, Walter Saleme and my dad Larry Burich. Here we are meeting with the organizers of the convention "America Se Identifica" to discuss the audio and video recordings of the event. It starts tonight at 8:30pm and ends Sunday at 11pm. The stage is a beautiful monument overlooking el Rio de Plata.
There will be Music, Dance, Theatre and Literature readings. I´ll try to post as many pics as possible.

Complications have been minimal, so far. The every body has been really kind. It is raining however and the convention is outside. He he.. We´ll see how that goes..

Equipment list for those gear heads out there.

Cameras: 3ccd Panasonic, and a Sony TRV series
Audio:
13 microphones: Rode NT5, NT2, Sure Beta 57, 57s, Beta 98, AKG drum mic kit including a D112, ++++
Laptop is a Sony Vaio K37, After a 2 month battle with Alienware, I had to run to Frys and buy the best I could find as I was leaving in 3 days.. Don´t Buy Alienware!!!
Interface: Presonus Firepod, Monster 2500 power conditioner, and a Behringer 8 channel headphone amplifier.
Monitors: KRK rocket 5 series
Misc: 5 pairs of headphones, a ton of cable, two boom mic stands, a 300watt power transformer , a gang of adaptors,

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yah!,

Dude, your doing the dream my man. You have been preparing yourself all your life for this and now your energy must be unleashed on to all the people of Aregentina. Let them know that you not only bring with you the good will of yourself but of your friends as well. I wish you nothing but love & good luck my audio mercernary brutha!

Rock Em'

- juanito

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve! Happy Thanksgiving! So glad to hear everything is going well. Just remember to trust your heart and you will find the way. Remember--you choose not to be asleep.

Here is some food for the soul's journey. It seems to speak your story...

Christina Caro

WHO SAYS WORDS WITH MY MOUTH?
Rumi~

All day I think about it, then at night I say it.
Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing?
I have no idea.
My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that,
and I intend to end up there.

This drunkenness began in some other tavern.
When I get back around to that place,
i'll be completely sober. Meanwhile,
i'm like a bird form another continent, sitting in this aviary.
The day is coming when I fly off,
but who is it now in my ear who hears my voice?
Who says words with my mouth?

Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul?
I cannot stop asking.
If I could taste one sip of an answer,
I could break out of this prison for drunks.
I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.
Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

This poetry. I never know what I'm going to say.
I don't plan it.
When I'm outside the saying of it,
I get very quiet and rarely speak at all.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet, buddy! But you forgot to bring your Neumann mics and your Avalon 737sp (Special Performance edition). Oh well, I'm sure you'll do fine without them. Good luck on all your endeavors down there. Can't wait to hear and see your latest projects. God Bless.

-Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home