Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Moving on....

I made it through the convention... It was a 4 hour drive up from Buenos Aires to Rosario where it was held. The stage was an outside memorial for the soldiers lost in past wars. The convention was an amazing experience. Unfortunately things didn’t fall into place as hoped by the organizers and some people didn’t show up. I filmed what I could and got some great musical recordings and pictures. Fortunately I was able to make lots of contacts from the South of Argentina on up to Peru. In fact I might cut Argentina short and head up to the mountains in Bolivia in mid Jan to record three different communities in the mountains about a days drive from La Paz. Right now the concern is electricity as there is none, and I need to test to see if my rig will run all off a running car battery.. If not I’ll have to down size and continue with out my full rig..
Health is good, spirits are up and I’m ready to get out of the city… Next stop is down south to the bottom of the world and then work my way up to Bolivia….

Some tech problems….
Floating grounds are unpredictable, sometimes I get a buzz and sometimes I don’t. Also if you plug in one way, you can get shocked through your equipment..(not fun) happens to me a lot… Ha ha.. But there is no polarity symbol, or a sign, or one side of the plug bigger than the other. You just have to plug it in and hope for the best. If you get shock, then you flip the plug over and all is good.

4 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve...Where are the photos? Silvia

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

I was thinking of you Bro. I miss you already like crazy yo!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. -juan

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

noodle!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reciting the sutras, practicing the way of awareness,
gives rise to benefits without limit.
I vow to share the fruits with all beings.
I vow to offer tribute to parents, teachers,
friends, and numerous beings
who give guidance and support along the path
(Sutra Closing Gatha-Plum Village Chanting)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home