Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Norma Peralta

The Norma Peralta sessions came out great. She did a mix of folk and tango with Vocals and Guitar and she did some more traditional Coplas with voice and caja (a thin round drum). I set up in the everything in a apartment in down town Buenos Aires that belongs to her son Paublo. We managed pretty good sound from the rooms. All hard wood floors and pretty high ceilings. My biggest battles were birds and barking dogs that wanted in on the recording. We managed to cover 11 songs in two days. Some really good stuff. Both days were 13 hour sessions and Paublo and his wife were was nice enough to let me stay and stuff me with beer and pizza (typical Argentine food). I woke up at 8 the next morning and bounded out the final recordings until 9 and bailed…..

Tech problems: I’m having trouble with digital pops.. I think its and issue of hard drive performance. I cleaned up my hard drive and started recording directly to my USB drive and it seems to have gone away..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home